Monday, September 14, 2009

Catching Up

Oh happy day! Oh happy day!! I have internet access again. No I didn't drown in the pool (more about that later). Mom says we had to wait for the cable people to install a few lines in the living room and computer room.

So let me get ya'll caught up with all the activities around here. The unpackers came and took everything out of the PODS and helped put together some of the furniture. Here are a few pictures.









Dad has been busy ever since we got into the house. Here are just some of the projects he has been tackling around my new house.

This is the new programmable thermostat.



Here are some of the new door handles, locks, and wall protectors.







Mom and Dad found this picture at Walmart. I think it looks really nice in the foyer.



Here is the new foyer light, front porch light, and dining room chandelier.







This is Dad's new desk, printer stand, bookshelf, and torch light in his computer room. Some of the glass from Dad's old desk didn't make it through the trip from WA to FL, but Mom says they got a really good deal on this desk set since it was on sale.









I've also had some new people come by the house to visit me. Mom says this is Dan, and he is our pool boy. She also says he's cute and that Uncle David would be jealous that he doesn't have a pool boy.



This is a picture of Rob, the landscaping guy. He also pressure washed the icky mildewy stuff off the pool area. You can see how much better it looks.









And finally, I know that many of you have been wondering about how I like my new pool. I must tell you that Mom, Dad, and Grandma must think I didn't pay any attention when I was in service dog training. They tried to get me to jump into the pool by throwing my tennis ball in there, but I'm a smart boy. I figured out that I could just paw at the water and eventually the ball would come to me.







Dad did eventually manage to get me into the pool though I swam really quick back to the edge and climbed out as fast as I could. I like going in the water at the lake, but I'm just not sure about this pool thing.







4 comments:

  1. I like the colors of Eric's comuter room. I wanted something like that in my foyer but got over ruled. :-(

    The pool boy is cute enough...but wearing way too many clothes. Aren't pool boys required to wear just a speedo or something? :-)

    Sorry the desk glass didn't make it...but I didn't pack that so I'm not all that concerned...unless something I did pack was what broke the glass. Did the TVs make it through the trip ok?

    I don't understand about Apollo being shy about the pool...unless it's because theres no bottom for him to walk on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had nothing to do with the glass breaking so no worries.

    I doubt I can get Dan into a Speedo...sorry.

    The TVs made it just fine.

    I would agree that it is likely he's not fond of having nothing under his feet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I definitely think it was the not knowing how far down to step to reach the pool steps that made Apollo afraid of the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The house looks cute...so happy for you Apollo. I want to see more pictures when you get a bit more settled in. Hey, we have the same identical thermostat in our house so easy to use. Tell dad to get a bit more sun...way to white.

    ReplyDelete