Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Not Much New

Well things have been pretty boring around here lately. Mom and Dad are just trying to settle in. They did manage to get the living room boxes unpacked yesterday. Dad saw his new foot doctor last week. All in all it went pretty well considering it was at least a month since he last saw Dr. Cocheba before we left. Tomorrow he goes to see his new primary care/diabetes doctor, and on Thursday he goes to the eye doctor. I'm really looking forward to Thursday because Grandma Ruth is coming over to drive since Dad's eyes are going to be dialated...something about the light seems to bother him when they do that...and he says things aren't very focused. Yeah whatever...I get to see Grandma so that's all that matters!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Apollo! Grandma loves to see you too! I just so enjoy seeing you get so excited and come clumsily galloping to greet me. I hope you Mom survived the day at the eye doctor. Is her finger feeling better? For those of you unaware, while Eric was in the with the doctor, Peggy and I drove out exploring nearby places to grab a bite of lunch (Grandma hadn't eaten since 7 am and it was now 2 pm). Just after I finally made up my wishy-washy mind about where to eat a driver turned left right in front of us and I had to slam on the brakes, almost threw your Mom to the floor, and had a devil of a time trying to get her back in an upright position while still holding my foot on the brake so we didn't roll away. In emergencies you don't think too clearly and I didn't think to put the vehicle in park so I could get up and get a better angle in pushing her up. Even if I had thought of that, I don't know if I could have let go of her safely to do it. Anyway, with God's help, I finally managed to push her upright again and then hurried into the Burger King parking lot to finish getting her straight in her chair. She said the worst of it was just a sore finger that somehow got jammed up somewhere. I hope she's feeling better today. Calm, cool, and collected boy that you are, you didn't even seem to notice all the commotion going on from your seat in the rear of the van. Lucky you! My nerves were shot for the rest of the day! I hope your Mom doesn't decide not to let me drive her around anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom is doing fine. Her finger is bruised and sore, but working just fine. Sure didn't keep her from driving her chair around today. She's got a small bruise on the side of her left cheek, but it's really small. She says that you should stop worrying so much and not to think this means you get away with ever driving the van again. It isn't your fault the guy cut you off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word. I am glad to hear that mommy is okay Apollo. That must have been very scary for grandma and mom. I know that I would have been shaking in my boots. I agree though she should not blame herself for the many crazy people out on the roads.

    Take care of mom and we will be checking in on you again.

    ReplyDelete