Sunday, September 6, 2009

Thursday, September 3rd

OK...I know I haven't posted in quite a few days, but boy what a whirlwind they have been. Let's see if I can catch ya'll up before Mom wants to kick me off the computer to go play Farmville or some such thing. First thing on Thursday we went to the bank to get some sort of special check that Mom and Dad needed to get my new house. After that we went to this place called a title company, and Mom and Dad signed a lot of papers. When they were done, I got the keys to my new house...mine mine mine...but I'll share with Mom and Dad if I have to.

Once I had the keys, we went to this place where the lady flips some kind of switch, and our power and water come on. Mom and Dad seemed happy because the lady told them they didn't have to give her a deposit since they have good credit ratings. We went to my new house next, but the lady said it might take until 5pm for the utilities to be turned on so it was still dark there. So Mom and Dad went back to the hotel for a bit, got some dinner for all of us, and then went back to the house to be sure the utilities had come on and to set the termastat and close the fridge. Mom said the agents had left the fridge open after the power got turned off so it didn't get moldy. I thought they left it open because they were raised in a barn, but Mom said no. How was I supposed to know? That's what she always says to Dad when he leaves the fridge open.

No comments:

Post a Comment