Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday, August 24th

Tonight I am in Oklahoma City, OK. Last night Uncle Fred called Mom and told her she should stop in Groom, TX on the way to see this really huge cross that they had seen many times when they were truck driving cross country. They never had the chance to actually stop so I've got a lot of pictures to post for everyone to see. It was this huge cross (I mean huge...wait til you see how small Mom and I look compared to it) and all around the cross were sculptures of Jesus' path to the cross. Here are the pictures.



Squint real hard, and you can see Mom and I.




Jesus is condemned to death




Jesus carries his cross



Jesus falls the first time



Jesus meets his mother



Simon helps Jesus



Veronica wipes the face of Jesus



Jesus falls the second time



Jesus comforts the women of Jerusalem



Jesus falls the third time



Jesus is stripped of his garments



Jesus is nailed to the cross



Jesus is crucified (also shown in front of the crucifiction is the last supper)



Jesus is taken down from the cross



This was the statue and waterfall just outside the gift shop.

The lady at the gift shop thought I was just the cutest looking puppy ever. She told me that they have their own website. You can go and read more about this place at http://www.crossministries.net/.

Well that's about all I have for tonight. See you tomorrow!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Apollo, this is an amazing blog today...or was it yesterday. Thanks for sharing such a touching experience with us. I bet it was surreal. Oh an by the way I really had to squint to see you and mom in the picture. Almost there buddy. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those were nice pictures. I've seen that place online before and it's really neat.

    ReplyDelete